Pages


Tuesday, May 10, 2011

THE MOON-EYED PEOPLE


This is a child's book that I wrote many moons ago. My husband, Ray, told me once of a Cherokee legend about "Moon-Eyed" people, who were nocturnal, with huge eyes and pale skin. The Cherokee displaced the Moon-Eyed tribe when they moved East and South during their migration. I questioned many elders of the Eastern Cherokee tribe and searched for information in books about the Cherokee. Finally I found the story, with three different endings - obliteration of the Moon-Eyed tribe, absorption of this people, and banishment.

Holly did the artwork when she was in second grade, under the supervision of Jeanette Weimer, her art teacher. I was always proud of the artwork, but never found a publisher for this little book. So here it is, at last, on my blog. I hope you enjoy it.

(Please click on each picture and it will enlarge.)






















No comments:

Post a Comment